How do you let people know about it? After all, it’s not going to generate any leads for you if no one knows you’re offering it.
Here are just a few examples of how you can get the word out:
- When you meet a potential client in person, offer to mail them a printed copy of your freebie (gives you an excuse to collect their name and mailing address). Or offer to email them a digital copy (that way you get their name and email address).
- Announce on social media that you have a free download. Include a link in your social media posts that takes people to a webpage (i.e. a landing page) where they can download their free copy.
- Present a seminar on downsizing for seniors and include a slide with a link to your landing page at the end of your presentation.
- Send out a postcard via direct mail aimed at seniors that promotes your freebie and provides a link and/or QR code to your landing page.
- Share your freebie with someone who’s likely to send referrals your way. Ask whether they might be willing to send out a note to their followers perhaps as part of a newsletter or email update – promoting the freebie.
- Write a guest post / article for a blog or publication that seniors in your area are likely to read. Invite readers to download your freebie in your call-to-action at the end of your piece.
You may also want to offer the freebie to people who are already on your contact list. When they see it, they may be more inclined to get serious about asking you to be their realtor.
Or you might want to leave a printed copy of the booklet with people you meet face-to-face. It will help reinforce why they’d be silly not to have you as their realtor.
Keep in mind that people may be reluctant to claim their freebie if they have to contact you directly to get it – particularly if they don’t already know you (which means you’ll be less likely to get them as a lead).